The purpose of this page is to provide you with a complete overview of all information regarding the collection and use of your personal data related to the use of this site.
However, if you do not find the answer to your questions or if you feel that we do not respect your privacy, do not hesitate to inform us and we will do our best to meet your expectations and correct any problems.
Who we are
This site is hosted by:
Infomaniak Network SA
Avenue de la Praille, 26
1227 Carouge – Suisse<
N° IDE & TVA : CHE-103.167.648
Infomaniak’s data centres and servers are located in Switzerland
- If you leave a comment on our site, you will be offered to save your name, email address and website in cookies. This is only for your convenience so you don’t have to enter this information if you post another comment later. These cookies expire after one year.
- If you have an account and log in to this site, a temporary cookie will be created to determine whether your browser accepts cookies. It does not contain any personal data and will be deleted automatically when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will set a number of cookies to store your login information and screen preferences. The lifetime of a login cookie is two days, that of a screen option cookie is one year. If you tick “Remember me”, your login cookie will be stored for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookie will be deleted.
You can configure your browser to be informed when cookies are created, to delete them or to refuse them. In the latter case, you will still be able to visit this site, but some features may not be available. Refer to the following pages:
- Internet Explorer : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Chrome : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop
- Safari : https://help.apple.com/safari/mac/9.0/?lang=en#/sfri11471
Statistics and Audience Measurement
This site uses the audience measurement tool Matomo (formerly Piwik). It is free software installed directly on the server (no data is transmitted to third parties). Data is used by site administrators to analyze site traffic. It is also possible to detect possible navigation problems and therefore improve the ergonomics of our services.
The data stored in Matomo meets the following criteria:
- IP addresses are anonymized (e.g. 172.168.x.x)
- Data a is stored for a maximum of 180 days
- Generated reports are deleted after 12 months
- The program supports and respects your browser’s “Do not follow” preference
Integrated content from third-party sites and links to external sites
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are kept indefinitely. This automatically recognizes and approves the following comments instead of queuing them for moderation.
Contact, registration and enquiry forms
The information you enter in the contact forms on the site is sent to us as an email. A log of all messages sent and received from the site is kept to allow a follow-up in case of problem. This log keeps only the last 200 messages transmitted. No other information entered through forms is stored in our database.
This site uses the AntiSpam Bee plugin to protect itself from spam comments left by third parties. Comments identified as undesirable are deleted from the database after 24 hours.
We use Google’s reCAPTCHA service. to protect form entries.
This service is used to differentiate entries made by a being human automated abuse. This involves sending the IP address and possibly other data required by Google for the service reCAPTCHA. To this end, your data will be communicated to Google and used by their services. However, your IP address will be shortened by Google in the EU Member States – or in other States that are part of the Economic Space Agreement European – and will thus be anonymous. In exceptional cases, your complete IP address will be forwarded to a Google server at United States and then shortened.
By using the reCAPTCHA service, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above above.
Use and transmission of your personal data
Your data will only be used for the purposes described above. Your data will not be passed on to third parties, except in the case of the use of already mentioned external products (e.g. reCAPTCHA).
The rights you have over your data
If you have an account or have left comments on the site, you may request to receive a file containing all the personal information we have about you, including the information you have provided to us.
You may also request that your personal data be deleted. This does not take into account data stored for administrative, legal or security purposes.
For any request, see contact information at the top of this page.
How we protect your data
The security of your personal data is important to us, but keep in mind that no method of transmission over the Internet, nor any method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We do everything in our power to protect your information, but we cannot guarantee absolute security.
In order to ensure the maximum security of this site and the data stored on it, we have implemented the following measures:
- Using the HTTPS protocol
- Daily backups
- Regular updates of all components (WordPress core, extensions, themes)
- Alerts to directors in the event of anomalies and malfunctions
- Using a Wordfence security plugin (https://www.wordfence.com/) with the following features :
- obligation to use strong passwords
- blocking the account after 5 unsuccessful connection attempts
- WAF (Web Application Firewall)
- Daily site scanning for unauthorized file changes and malware
- Log of all connections and connection attempts (last 1000 entries saved)
Procedures in case of data leakage
In case of suspected or actual data leaks, you will be notified by email as soon as possible if you are a registered user in our database or if you have left a comment on this site. We will also publish a communication directly on the site for everyone’s attention.
Intellectual property rights
The name of our site as well as its presentation and its contents are an original work protected by the intellectual property laws in force. Any reproduction, representation, use or modification, by any process whatsoever and on any support whatsoever, of all or part of the site, its name, all or part of the various works is strictly prohibited, except prior written authorization.
For any request, see contact information at the top of this page.
Access rights to the site and information validity
The information shared on this site in the “blog” section is provided for general information purposes; its accuracy or reliability should be confirmed by independent verification.
This site is subject to change without notice. We do not warrant in any way that the information or notices contained herein are free from errors or omissions that could be material.
Auberge de Savièse cannot be held liable for any damage resulting from access or non-access to this website, and from the use or reliability of the website or its content.